Admission to Morgantown Learning Academy is determined by the student's application, completion of the teacher observation form (depending on the grade level), transcripts from the previous school, and the results of an entrance interview. An entrance interview is required in order to determine the student's aptitude and achievement levels, social skills, and previous experiences.
Spaces in most grades are limited, so it is advisable to contact the school as early as possible.
To begin the application process:
- Call and arrange for a tour of the school with the Director.
- Return the application with the application fee.*
- Fill out and sign the Transcript and Information Release Form. Ask the applicant's school to send a copy of your child's transcripts to Morgantown Learning Academy (Grades 1-8).
- When requested by administration, take the Teacher Observation Forms (grades 1-8) along with a stamped envelope to your child's current teacher and ask that he/she mail it to MLA when it is completed.
- Set up an entrance interview with the Director.
- Before admittance to Morgantown Learning Academy, all immunization records, a certified copy of the student's birth certificate, and proof of a negative TB tine test (administered within one year of starting date) must be presented to the Director.
- Morgantown Learning Academy admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid, athletic, and other school administered programs.
*Fee schedule is available upon request.